December 10, 2011. After a fantastic stay, earlier this year, it was our destiny to come back to the magnificent island of La Palma (one of the Canary Islands, part of Spain) So when Patricia obtained observing time at the Belgian Mercator telescope, at the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory, I immediately volunteered to accompany her … That is, stay behind here in a nice hotel, waiting for her return after the observing run… keeping busy with landscape photography (not much wildlife over here). On wednesday I drove to La Cumbrecita, where I started the walk to Pico Bejenado (impressive walk, we did it in february this year) I climbed only the first 150 meters and reached an excellent lookout spot, from where I could see the sun rise on the slopes of the Caldera de Taburiente. I also had the best view on the Punta de los Roques and focused on the effects of the sunrise on the pinetrees and the slopes.
- Patricia on Make a wish ….
- Patricia on Blue flowers …
- Motril on National wildlife reserve Romelaere, last year’s visit
- Anne on French wildlife reserve “Romelaëre”
- Sepeda on National wildlife reserve Romelaere, last year’s visit